Tuesday, January 10

It's been a nice day. Eventful and productive. I got my visa. And a surprise, too.

I'm going to watch a film now. I've got a pile of them that have been sitting in the case for months and I haven't watched them. So, tonight is going to be my film night. I feel like watching Triplets of Belleville again. Perhaps I'll watch bits of it. I also feel like watching bits of In the mood for love, and also, Chunking Express. Wong Kar Wai is an awesome filmmaker. He gives the term serendipity a whole new perspective by letting his audience discover little hidden nuances in the film, by watching it several times, carefully. I noticed, in Chunking Express, the big cuddly Garfield that Faye buys for the cop in the second half, is actually shown in the first half as well, when the blond wigged woman is looking for those 'Pakis' frantically. She crosses this toy store and that's when you see Faye walking out with this huge Garfield toy. Films like these can be watched several times without ennui setting in. I'm already watching Chunking Express, as I write this.... I love it!!

I also feel like watching atleast bits of Waking Life, as well.

5 comments:

rania said...

I love the triplets of belleville!

Jugular Bean said...

Waking Life is one psycho film.

Avalonian said...

YAY!..u got the visa!

heretic said...

Strange, a friend was talking of a Wong Kar Wai retrospective that her group had organized and kinda ordered me to see Chunking Express. Hope to catch up this weekend, time and family willing. :-)

Yay for the visa.

The Wandering Hermit said...

Chunking Express love it

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreaming
California dreaming...

and that guy who collects expired can of pineapples because his girl lefth him reminds me of me!! (how sad is that)..... and quentin tarantino's lead in and postscript just icing on the cake...
cheers
z
P.S: Good on you to get that visa...