Friday, March 10

Amnesia

I went for walk around town today.
Crossed streets
picked up paths
I hadn’t seen before.
Each stone on the way
Had your name written on it.

I looked up at the sky
birds flew overhead
a stray balloon floated by
kites stuck on trees
spelt nostalgia
and with them on the branches,
I saw,
your name.

Passing people by is a game.
Sometimes you look at them and they tell you stories.
sometimes a silent greeting
recognizes lost words and enigmas.
someone’s mole
someone’s eyes
someone’s stray curl
swimming on the forehead
someone’s
striped shirt
striped shoes
all remind me of you.

I don’t want to forget you.


I want your name to forget
And stop visiting me.




8 comments:

Avalonian said...

poignant

GhostOfTomJoad said...

Wasn't going to comment but...couldn't pass this up. It's really very nice. Like it very much.

Anonymous said...

nostalgia has it's pitfalls

ether said...

ghost, did you make up your mind not to comment? i wonder why...

Parul Gahlot said...

very nice indeed! I like

Nessa said...

I loved this:

I want your name to forget
And stop visiting me.


But why? :(

ether said...

Parul, thank you.

Nessa, too many memories can make it claustrophic...need to let go...

Ravages/CC said...

Oh yes. Neat pome. I particularly like the ending.


C
(selectiveamnesia)